1016 E. Terrell Ave.
This house was owned by Mr. Harold Hardee, born March 13, 1896, who was the co-owner of Brown & Hardee Funeral Home, located on “Baptist Hill” in downtown Fort Worth.
Mr. Hardee was well-known for wearing tuxedos during the funeral services, and directing traffic when police officers were not present.
His was one of the first funeral homes to use new Cadillac hearses and family cars for their services.
Upon the death of Harold Hardee at age 71 in 1968, Lenora Rolla continued operating the funeral home for a few years, until it closed and she devoted her time to establishing her genealogical organization.